INTERNET, TECHNOLOGY & INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW FIRM
Representing a range of tech companies in a variety of industries, including one of the fastest growing technology companies in Ohio, Anthony Law offers expertise for technology-oriented clients of all sizes. We currently work with clients on the following:
- Tech startups
- Trademark applications and enforcement
- Software as a Service
- Data security and privacy
- Copyright matters
- Software and technology licensing
- Mobile commerce
- Open-source software
- Blockchain, distributed ledger technologies, and cryptocurrencies
- Website privacy policies, terms and conditions
- Trade secrets
We work closely with companies and developers to commercialize and protect intellectual property, including preparing USPTO filings and enforcing intellectual property rights through various enforcement mechanisms.
We also serve as general counsel to tech clients, offering them comprehensive counsel as they grow and expand. Working closely with these tech companies, we have helped clients turn ideas into multi-million dollar ventures, assisting them from formation all the way through seed funding and VC funding and successful acquisitions and exits.
We have valuable experience working with clients developing emerging technologies including virtual reality products, blockchain services, software as a service, and software development and licensing. If you are interested in learning more about our expertise, please contact Michael Anthony or Drew Stevens at Anthony Law at 614-340-0011.
- Surprised by how long your USPTO trademark application took? Here’s a brief overview of the application process and why it takes so long to gain registration. Click to read more.
- As more technology companies shift to offering their products and services via cloud computing, questions often arise regarding the differences between Software as a Service (“SaaS”), Platform as a Service (“PaaS”), and Infrastructure as a Service (“IaaS”). Click to read more.
- Use of open source software opens the door to a wide variety of possibilities, however, developers and businesses should keep in mind several legal considerations. Click to read more.
- Companies raise money in several different phases. Each round attracts different types of investors and generally raises a higher amount as each round passes. Click to read more.
- Seed rounds typically involve one or more fundraising structures. Which structure is right often depends on a few factors. Click to read more.
- Opt-In vs Opt-Out. What you need to know about privacy regulations in the US, Canada, and the EU. Click to read more.
- With increasing awareness, regulations, and liabilities, business owners must be even more cognizant of their duties and potential liabilities surrounding data breaches. Here is a comparison of of data breach laws. Click to read more.
- Big data is the large scale collection of a wide range of data points. These data points are being collected constantly, from nearly every facet of modern life. Click to read more.
Visit our IP and Technology Blog for all of our publications.