MICHAEL J. ANTHONY
Michael J. Anthony (Mike) is the founding attorney of Anthony Law. The firm was established in 2001 for entrepreneurs and small businesses. Currently, Anthony Law represents hundreds of businesses and entrepreneurs in dozens of industries including, technology companies, advertising firms, construction and renovation companies, restaurants, retail establishments, wholesalers, transportation companies, home health care agencies, and asphalt paving and sealcoating companies, just to name a few. These companies range from Fortune 1000s down to closely held family owned enterprises.
Mike would consider himself a pragmatic, savvy – results oriented corporate and employment attorney. He has a passion for entrepreneurship and start-up ventures and those that take the risk to make the economic pie larger for everyone. He also places a premium on responsiveness and high quality work product.
Mike has considerable business transactional experience. He has negotiated acquisitions and sales of various sizes, along with all stages of corporate formation. This includes the drafting of operating agreements, asset purchase agreements, and other deal-making documents. Some of Mike’s representative transactions are as follows:
- Re-organized capital structure for a service company that grosses in excess of $40,000,000 a year in revenue, including the creation of class A and B Units.
- Drafted the asset and real estate purchase contracts for the fastest growing trampoline park operator in Ohio, including multiple purchases of facilities exceeding 30,000 sq. ft. throughout the United States.
Conducted and oversaw numerous employment related investigations regarding workplace conduct, including harassment claims of various forms.
- Negotiated and drafted a commercial lease agreement for one of the fast-growing informational technology companies with tenant build-out costs in excess of $2,000,000 and gross rents through-out the term of the agreement in excess of $10,000,000. The largest Central Ohio office lease transaction in 2016.
- Established employment policies and procedures for business with over 250 employees, including establishing background check policies for new hires, editing employee handbook, and creating confidentiality, non-competition, and non-solicitation policies.
- Drafted business contracts for top pet retailer in the United States including warranty and other provisions associated with the consumer transaction.
- Drafted and negotiated construction related agreements for one of the largest home improvement companies in Central Ohio.
- Re-organized pay-roll service company and converted company debt into preferred equity for financing purposes.
- Negotiated the purchase of equity interests on behalf of a medical professional in excess of $500,000 as well as re-organizing the corporate paperwork associated with rights of first refusal, death, and disability.
- Drafted and negotiated real-estate purchase contract associated with an apartment complex in excess of $4,000,000.
Mike is married and lives in Genoa Township. He enjoys tennis, golf, reading, and working in his yard with his spouse, Julie.