The firm has a significant employment practice representing employers throughout the State of Ohio. The firm works closely with the HR representative or serves as a quasi HR department for its clients advising on all sorts of employment and compliance issues including hiring, personnel management, progressive disciplinary processes and procedures, termination or separation. These services include:
- Employee Handbooks appropriate for the specific work environment
- Non-discriminatory hiring policies in accordance with EEOC recommendations
- Conditional Job Offers
- Non-Competes, Non-Solicitations, Non-Rendering of Services Covenants for Employees
- Background and credit checks in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCFA)
- Employment Screening Policies in compliance with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Diversity and Inclusion Policies
- Worker classification (Employee vs. Independent contractors)
- Exempt and Non-Exempt Classifications under the Fair Labor Standards Act (“FLSA”)
- Overtime and minimum wage counsel under FLSA
- Leave Policies and Reasonable Accommodations under the American with Disabilities Act (“ADA”) and Family Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”)
- Management and Documentation of Employee Personnel Files
- Employee Write Up and Personnel Incident Reports
- Non-Discriminatory Policies
- Annual Performance and Conduct Reviews
- Employment Terminations
- Workplace Harassment
- Employment Investigations, including harassment claims
- Equal Pay Policies and Studies
- Workplace Education and Training
- Employment Defense Litigation
- Age, Race, Gender, Sexual Orientation, and other forms of Discrimination
- Class Action Lawsuit protection from disgruntled former employees
- The Benefits of Expedited Dispute Resolution through Arbitration
The firm is a Member of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
Meet our employment lawyers: Andrew Randol and Michael J. Anthony
Anthony Law represents small to medium size businesses in Columbus, Ohio and surrounding communities, including Dublin, Powell, Westerville, Worthington, New Albany, Gahanna, Grove City, Upper Arlington, Granview, and the Short North.
Connect with attorney Mike Anthony on LinkedIn where he posts weekly on employment matters.
Contact us today so we can learn more about your business venture.